The Openpilot Community needs your help to continue to keep opc.ai's lights on and support the path to Workbench v0.2. With only a one person crew and without commercial funding it's not always financially feasible to fund these services out of pocket. Please consider becoming a Patreon supporter of the Openpilot Community project and receive exclusive perks and benefits!
Become a patreon Learn more Maybe Later
DISCLAIMER: This website is maintained by openpilot users and contributors. The content found here (including Workbench and Oppey the Bot) are not approved, supported, affiliated or funded by Comma.ai, Inc. Please DO NOT contact Comma.ai, Inc. staff about these things as they WILL NOT provide support. For support on openpilot, opc.ai, oppey, workbench, etc. please contact a community member on Discord.
What's needed to get openpilot working with pre-AP Tesla
- EON Dashcam DevKit ($699.00)
- Panda (white $99, grey $199)
- Grey Panda includes high accuracy GPS which OpenPilot may use for more accurate steering in the future. White panda won't work starting with OP 0.6, so Grey Panda is strongly recommended.
- 10 foot mini USB cable ($7 for this example cable)
- Custom Giraffe and Wiring harness for the Model S.
- There are 2 variations based on your car manufacture date (before or after May 31, 2013). If you are unsure, check if the OBD connector in your driver footwell is the newer style with metal contacts for pins 1 and 9
- Contact @appleguru in the #tesla channel on the comma slack to arrange purchase.
- Approximately $50 in parts for the giraffe, $10 for a case, and $25 in parts for the harness. Will cost more after assembly and shipping
Total price of parts is approximately $1,000.