The Openpilot Community needs your help to continue to keep opc.ai's lights on and support the path to Workbench v0.2. With only a one person crew and without commercial funding it's not always financially feasible to fund these services out of pocket. Please consider becoming a Patreon supporter of the Openpilot Community project and receive exclusive perks and benefits!
Become a patreon Learn more Maybe Later
Interested in Automation? Some additional reading
Although automatic driving has existed since the 1980's, OpenPilot represents a combination of more recent technologies that result in a system that is small enough with low power requirements. It also gives the power of automation to the average person. But with this power comes life-and-death responsibility.
Automation and safety are often at odds with one another, and OpenPilot is no exception. One the one hand, it keeps you centered in the lane very well under specific conditions. However, in adverse conditions, you as the human will perform better through millions of years of evolution.
- The Glass Cage by Nicholas G. Carr
- Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us by Tom Vanderbilt
- The Driver: My Dangerous Pursuit of Speed and Truth in the Outlaw Racing World by Alexander Roy.
- Autonomy: The Quest to Build the Driverless Car and How It Will Reshape Our World by Lawrence D. Burns
- For the Record: 28:50 a Journey Toward Self-Discovery and the Cannonball Run Record by Ed Bolian